Here’s Some of What You’ll Find at the Montessori Schools of Manhattan Beach
The Test of Time
- Founded in 1968 by Judy Ernst, AMI certified Montessori teacher and teacher trainer.
- Manhattan Beach raised and educated.
- Professional development through UCLA.
- After 45 years of ownership Mrs. Ernst continues to be actively involved with the day to day operations of the school.
High Quality Staff
- Longevity, with an average employment length of 10 years – we value our teachers!
- Credentialed Montessori teachers proudly display their diplomas in their classrooms.
- Every classroom, preschool through elementary, is brimming with Montessori materials.
- All policies, programs and facilities designed for the safety of your child.
- Emphasis on fine art education.
- Monthly themes emphasizing history, science, biology, horticulture, etc. (with field trips and/or on-site guest demonstrations.)
- Weekly music lessons.
- Weekly foreign language lessons.
- Art, cooking and yoga lessons.
- 2 locations for your convenience with year round programs.
- Open 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. No charge for care from 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
- Stimulating after school program – arts, crafts, cooking projects, etc.
- On-site enrichment programs including tennis, dance, soccer, drama and foreign language.
- Summer Sports Camp – Now Accepting Applications.
- Daily swim lessons at our Peck Campus on-site pool.
- Alumni are welcome as we accept children ages 2 through 10 years.
- Due to popularity, early enrollment is recommended.
- Direct contact with your child’s teacher as well as parent/teacher conferences and parent education nights.
- Open door policy with our administration.
- Observations are encouraged. Simply make an appointment in the office.